Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2nd Success

"Mom, you cannot be serious about this getting outside thing! It is raining ice!"





"He's right mom, we should stay in and eat!"



"...or work out."


"yeah, I am happy just slingin' around"


"Mom, you drive me to drink!" (Disclaimer: no children got drunk in the making of this post. It was an empty bottle and he was makin' music)





Anyway...this was the goal. Since we haven't been out to burn papers or take the trash out, our back door looked like this.


This is where the trash needed to go. UGH! The task seemed impossible!


In an act of God, Hope decided to nap in her crib, so I saw it as a sign to get motivated. Out I went, down memory lane... these chairs used to be where we sat and enjoyed a bonfire...yeah not so much today...

This is the homestead today. Howard built it with his own two hands! :) Still lots to do, but I do so love my little house!

What could be cuter than a family of snow shovels at the front door?

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! People who don't live in this climate probably can't understand that sometimes it is just about getting out of the house to take out the trash! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that first picture of Ben is SOOOO funny! I think your little house is lovely too...even buried under a few feet of snow! :-)

    ReplyDelete