Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 1







Yes, day 1. ~:( It's been a little hard to get out with the weather but after the kids have begged for days, I took them out to play yesterday. I hadn't before because I told them that it was too deep but they insisted.So after school we got bundled up and the four of us went outside. Once outside they quickly realized that making it down the swings was not going to be an easy task. Sometimes the best way to let them learn a lesson is to let them have their way.
Before I knew it they had shrunk in size and they were quickly being pulled into the white 'quicksand.'
We lasted about 25 minutes, 10 of those walking down to the swings, realizing Mommy was right, and then walking back up to the house.
They still had fun, and after walking all around the yard to perform rescue operation after rescue operation I am counting today as a workout, and day 1. I am happy to no longer be off the wagon and firmly gripping the rear axle..

I apologize for the sloppiness of the post but I have never blogged before and don't quite get just yet how to add everything nicely.


5 comments:

  1. You did just fine, I think...tho I have never blogged before either, so who am I to say, lol. Love your photos. The kids in their colorful clothing stand out very nicely in all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did just fine also. I'm surprised to hear that you've never blogged before - you seem like the blogging type! =) Cute pics of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Because I talk so much, I know..lol Thank you, they were ready to throw in the towel pretty quick.. Which was good because you'd think this extra chub would serve as a winter layer but it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never blogged before either so I think you are doing great!

    Looks like the kids were having lots of fun! I love the first one with the playground all covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete