Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello, I'm Angelina!

I'm a married stay at home mom of three wonderful kids and a wonderful husband. My 7 year old has a form of autism called PDD, he's very high functioning and is a master at legos. My daughter is almost 6 and has a rare congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, she only has half of her heart and has had 9 surgeries, 3 of them major open hearts. I also have a 3 1/2 yr old who think's he's 30, he's healthy...thank God! Staying at home and taking care of them has caused me to forget how to take care of myself! I used to run 6-8 miles a day and was very lean....now the word lean means when I walk upstairs I lean against the wall. I have to lose some weight and decrease stress because of some health problems and I LOVE that Katie thought of this idea! I didn't get to get out and walk yet because we're under feet of snow but I will as soon as I can get close enough to the husky next door and recruit him to help me through the snow. I'm trying to work in time to do things for me. Like, exercise, play my guitar and actually go to the bathroom by myself. It's so hard to teach yourself how to take care of yourself when you haven't in so long. But hopefully this idea of Katie's will help because I LOVE to take pictures. I am my children's own paparazzi. I have tens of thousands of photos and would love to be a photographer some day. I envy Katie just a bit..ok, a lot. My first goal is to go to nursing school and become a RN so that when my daughter has her heart transplant I can help her more. But in order to do anything I need to get healthy so that I can stay here. So, thank you Katie for inviting me and everyone to do this...

P.S. Katie, if you see me slumped over in the snow when I walk down to Batemen Ave, please roll me over and make sure there's no snow in my mouth..

3 comments:

  1. lol will do!! Thanks for joining us! I didn't realize you were so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelina! Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angelina! Glad you're on board... :-)

    ReplyDelete