Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1


Hello Everyone! I am Kristy Bolte. This is typically how I can be found. Either pregnant, or wearing a baby. :) I am the wife of Howard Bolte and mom to five sweet kids. Luke is 6 and is in Kindergarten at Springfield Elementary, Isaac was born in July of 2005 and lived for 6 short days and now lives in Heaven, Benjmin is our red head jokester and he is 3, Asher was born in February of 2008 and lived for only 35 minutes, and Hope who is 7 months and is our diva who refuses to EVER be put down.

Hope was diagnosed with a condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa the week after she was born. It is a skin blistering disease. We were told to be prepared to have to wrap her daily like we would a burn victim because her skin would blister and slough off at the slightest touch. She has been a miracle. None of that has happened aside from a few blisters she did get from the hospital bands when she was born.

Because of ALL I have been through with my kiddos in the past six years I have gained a TON of weight. Okay, maybe not a ton, but like forty pounds. With Hope's skin disease I have been way way way over protective of her and as a result she is SPOILED. I pretty much carry her or wear her ALL DAY LONG. I have yet to leave her with a sitter just out of fear and have become quite the homebody.

I NEED to get out and am thankful Katie suggested this blog! Most days, as a stay at home mom, I am lucky to get out of my PJ's let alone step foot outside of my house. I LOVE my life and would not want to change a thing, but am thinking that just getting some fresh air each day (or most days) would do me good! I would also like to drop the weight I have put on after having FIVE babies in SIX years.

As for photography. I have pretty much the cutest kids on the planet which causes me to take an obscene amount of photos. They are far from professional and I am not a big editor, I like 'em raw, boogers and all! I blog quite a bit because I am HORRIBLE at keeping baby books. You can check us out here if you so choose! :) I am pumped to join this journey and look forward to getting to know you all!

PS I am ALWAYS long winded! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy! I've never been a SAHM, but knowing me, I'm sure if there wasn't a desk waiting for me, I'd probably go weeks without leaving my house! Glad you'll be on this journey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy.
    I am a babywearing daycare lady. I am always happy to "meet" others who also babywear!

    ReplyDelete